I want to build a nonprofit site, to help stop suicide and bullying. I want to start a movement and I hope to accomplish a good viewing of this site. H.E.L.P Project (Heal Everyone Lacking Perseverance) and also D4AC (Dance For A Chance) later on. The site will contain quotes, helpful links to other sites similar to mine, Blog areas for venting, contact information to help support, My story page, and other things similar to a self-help page.
I found some free sites, but none have the option for your own domain name, for no charge.
http://www.50webs.com/signup.html?plan=1 : Great site, but you have to pay for domain name
https://www.awardspace.net/signup.html?gid=1111& : Good site, but you have to pay for domain name as well for one year.
http://www.webs.com/ : I did not do something like this because I cannot use Kompozer as a template.
I was confused on how much disk space I needed, and this article really helped me.
http://www.hostway.com/blog/how-much-disk-space-do-i-need-for-my-website/
I would have went with 50Webs because they offered me a domain name and the most Disk Space for the least amount. If I chose to pay for my domain, I would chose this one as well because of the inexpensiveness.
I went with www.x10hosting.com, because of the various ways I could publish my site, although I am having some slight complications.
Until I work out the problems, I will use wix.com to build a website using an already uploading template for easy creation.
No comments:
Post a Comment